| 1 comments

I shopped the Portland Farmers Markets for the perfect ingredients for Mother's Day dinner. I went with an open mind and without any absolutes for dinner. I wandered around and felt inspired.

I bought marinated goat cheese from a local farm, to put on crostini, made from my mom's homemade French bread, and drizzled with garlic olive oil, salt and pepper. Bought local asparagus and roasted it to put on top of the goat cheese with some crispy pancetta for some extra saltiness and richness. It turned out so delicious and with only a few people in the house for dinner, we devoured these little appetizers quite promptly.


For the main course, I bought several packages of Nonna's homemade pasta from the market - sage linguine. Also purchased from the market: fresh lamb sausage, arugula and shallots. Add a little cream, parmesan cheese, and olives and roasted tomatoes from the local grocery store and wallah - A pretty dang tasty bowl of pasta. I also added some fresh sage from my mom's garden and plenty of Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper for flavor.

1 comments

Anonymous said... May 29, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Wow what a delicious mothers day meal!!Figtreeapps

Post a Comment